APM qualifications are an essential part of the APM FIVE Dimensions of Professionalism and are designed to meet your needs throughout your career. Benefits of choosing the APM qualifications are:
Incorporating a mix of tools, techniques, processes and skills they offer a progressive structure that demonstrates your project management achievements.
- Introductory Certificate: The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification ( SCQF Level 6): for a fundamental awareness of project management terminology.
- APMP: The APM Project Management Qualification (IPMA Level D, SCQF Level 7): for people with some project management experience. There is a specifically designed route to APMP for current PRINCE2 Practitioners.
- APM Project Professional Qualification (PPQ): an examination based qualification that assesses your capability in delivering projects, programmes and portfolios.
- Practitioner Qualification (IPMA Level C): a practical assessment of project management skills.
- APM Project Risk Management Certificates: APM offers level one and level two certificates for project and programme managers involved in project risk assessment in any way.
They demonstrate to your employer, clients and suppliers that you are a skilled and committed project professional. Through their alignment with IPMA’s 4 level Certification Programme they also provide recognition throughout the world.
Candidates who pass the APMP or Practitioner Qualification are entitled to register their details on the International Project Management Association (IPMA) website at Level C or D (according to the qualification held). If you would like your details to be posted on the site you should contact the qualifications team. The fee for IPMA registration is £ 25.00 (APMP) or £40.00 (Practitioner).
APM qualifications are developed using the APM Body of Knowledge, using well-established project management knowledge.
The Introductory Certificate (The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification) and the APMP (The APM Project Management Qualification) have been refreshed and aligned with the APM Body of Knowledge 6th edition and are now available.
APM Accredited Training Providers offer you the best training and development support throughout your career, and specifically to help you achieve APM qualifications.
Students, institutions and individuals can rent APM eTextbooks for up to 360 days by visiting www.coursesmart.co.uk and searching ‘APM’.
Qualifications offer routes into APM membership. Automatic eligibility for Full Membership to those obtaining the APM Practitioner Qualification (IPMA Level C) and discounted membership for those taking the Introductory Certificate (The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification) and APMP (The APM Project Management Qualification).
APM Registered Project Professional (RPP)
APM qualifications are recognised as satisfying some of the requirements for APM Registered Project Professional. APM recognises these achievements as evidence of knowledge, CPD or competence, depending on the particular qualification. For more information on APM's pan-sector standard please visit the APM Registered Project Professional (RPP) webpage.