Chartered Project Professional Standard Assessor
Diversity and Equality
As an employer, APM is committed to providing equality of opportunity, promoting fairness and respect and does not tolerate discrimination.
A diverse, empowered workforce gives us different ways of thinking, a more successful business and a better place for us all to work.
APM will demonstrate its commitment as an employer by:
- aspiring to reflect the society we serve;
- promoting an environment for our staff free from discrimination and disrespect;
- tackling inappropriate behaviour;
- allowing staff to express themselves freely, fairly or respectfully to others.
As a professional body, APM promotes high ethical standards.
- We want our membership and the wider profession to reflect the diversity of our society.
- We encourage differing perspectives and experiences.
- We encourage all members of our community to contribute their views and ideas, fairly, respectfully and with confidence.
APM demonstrates its commitment as a membership body by:
- promoting equality of access to the profession through our qualifications and routes to membership;
- ensuring the governance of our Boards and Committees promotes diversity;
- listening to, and learning from, stakeholders, for example to adopt good practice;
- promoting an environment for our members that is fair, respectful and free from discrimination;
- implementing our code of conduct and taking action where appropriate;
- monitoring and reporting on diversity in the profession to inform policy.
Every person working in APM, and every member, can help us fulfil these principles, which will be kept under review by the Executive and the Board.