APM Project Management Conference 2016
The award-winning APM Project Management Conference, has a long-held reputation for bringing together the world’s most influential and thought-provoking speakers from your profession.
World Class theme:
The theme for the APM Project Management Conference 2016, sponsored by 20|20 Business Insight and held on Thursday 21 April in London, explored how the project profession can transform into one recognised as being world class. It considered how to create a world-class mindset and how that can transform you, your organisation and our profession.
In a competitive, globalised and connected world, the challenge to set new standards of achievement grows exponentially. How do we go beyond good practice, beyond best practice and all the way to world class when delivering change?
APM Conference 2016 photos
View the speaker programme.
- Opening speaker: Marc Woods, four-time Paralympic gold medallist
- Closing speaker: Tony Meggs, chief executive of the Infrastructure and Projects Authority
- David Gurteen founder of Gurteen Knowledge
- Rob Coulthard, managing director at Judgement Index UK Ltd
- Andy Cooke, management consultant at PA Consulting
- Ann Alder and Geoff Cox, directors at RSVP by Design
- Alistair Kirk, programme and strategy director for HS2
- Jon Prichard, CEO at the Engineering Council
- Michael Flynn, programme director at Transport for London
- Isabel Dedring, global transport leader at Arup and former London deputy mayor for transport at GLA
- Steve Elliott, director of HydroFormer Project Management Services Ltd
- Richard Palczynski, director of programme controls at Crossrail
- Michele Owens, managing director of Owens HR Consulting Ltd
- Liz Hobbs, knowledge management functional lead at TfL
Opening speaker: Marc Woods
Delegates reviewed previous conferences as "vibrant, educational and inspiring” and "of real benefit to my career in project management", making the APM Conferences the most engaging and relevant events of the year.
APM Conference 2016 Sponsors
Headline Sponsor: 20|20 Business Insight
20|20 Business Insight are a full service project management
consultancy and training provider. We deliver accredited training courses for every level of project personnel.
Sponsors of the Organisation stream: Projectplace
Projectplace is a smart project collaboration solution from Planview that brings teams together to improve collaboration and get things done.
APM Conference 2015
Dispelling the myths to improve project delivery success
At the APM Project Management Conference 2014 keynote speaker Camila Batmanghelidjh CBE stunned her audience by stating her mission; “to create a compelling evidence base for the power of social change.” To many, this would seem ephemeral and imprecise, but for someone who dedicated her life to helping neglected and unloved children, she was deadly serious.
If the power of social change can be proven scientifically, then so can the power of project management. The APM Project Management Conference 2015 set out to do just that, to provide the evidence base for the power of project management. The first step in this mission was to expose the great myths that cloud both the perception of the profession and the delivery of successful projects, programmes and portfolios in the UK and around the world.
Best Association Conference
The award-winning APM Project Management Conference has a long-held reputation for bringing together the world’s most influential and thought-provoking speakers from your profession.
APM is proud to announce that several new APM conferences were added to the 2016 lineup and have proved to be well-attended, successful events. All events are for project professionals across all levels and sectors looking to develop their career or establish a wider knowledge of the profession.
In order to book for an event you will first need to be registered on the APM website. Once registered, the process of booking is online and very easy to follow.
APM announced a record-breaking performance for the third year running in 2016 and collected ‘Best UK Association’ and ‘Best Association Conference in London’ at the Association Excellence Awards in March.