APM Project Management Conference Manchester 2017
APM, the Chartered body for the project profession, held its project management conference, sponsored by Hyde Park Solutions, to Manchester to ask a simple question: What next?
In today’s society, we need to deliver more for less and in these extraordinary times we need to manage change effectively, efficiently and to capitalise on the opportunities available while driving forward new and innovative achievements. A key challenge is identifying current and likely skills gaps across all trades and professions, including project management, to help deliver future prosperity and growth.
So where do we go from here? Driven by rapid advances in digital technologies, the nature of our work is being transformed. While artificial intelligence and robotics grow more sophisticated, jobs are being reinvented. Collaboration and communication through increasingly intuitive user-friendly interfaces could lead to fundamental changes in workplace structures and may offer new possibilities for creativity in the workforce.
APM Project Management Conference Manchester 2018
The APM Project Management Conference Manchester, sponsored by Hyde Park Solutions Ltd. will explore ways that the project profession can be a Catalyst for Good and give those working within it the tools to deliver projects, programmes and portfolios that contribute to wider economic and social benefit.
Conference speakers 2017
Influential speakers shared their thought leadership to keep delegates up-to-date with the latest insights and techniques in project management and provide insight and inspiration. Topics ranged from driving growth nationally, to what is next for trade and investment, for upgrading infrastructure and for skills development and how these issues will affect the world of project management going forward.
Our speakers explored what it takes to become a progressive project professional; encouraging attendees to develop their careers and pursue the inspiring projects in their sights.
- Timandra Harkness, science writer, broadcaster and comedian
- Mark Batey – creativity, innovation and leadership specialist
- Jean Llewellyn OBE, CEO at The National Skills Academy for Nuclear View presentation
- Rob Leslie-Carter, director at Arup View presentation
- Jonathan Turton, director, deal advisory, infrastructure at KPMG LLP View presentation or Download report
- James Baker, Graphene business director, the University of Manchester View presentation
- Peter Hansford, FREng FICE FAPM, chair of construction & infrastructure policy, University College London View presentation
- John Chappell MBE, head of operational engineering at United Utilities
- Maya Jani, expansion procurement director, Heathrow View presentation
- Liz Crowhurst, senior sector advisor, government and defence at CBI View presentation
- Philip Isgar, Conference chair
- Ket Patel, change and transformation consultant at the Change Management Institute
- Lynne Rogers, manager, KPMG Infrastructure Advisory Group
- Haddy Njie, portfolio risk manager for the Transport for the North (TfN)