APM Scottish Conference 2018
The APM Scottish Conference 2018 supported by 20|20 Business Insight returned on Thursday 22 March 2018 with the aim of shaping the next generation of project leaders.
The conference gave delegates the opportunity to explore a vibrant mix of interactive and plenary sessions, plus plenty of opportunities to engage with students and established project professionals.
The 2018 event has already taken place.
Interested in attending APM Scottish Conference 2019?
Stay up to date with trends and developments by listening to influential speakers share their thought leadership.
Speakers to be announced
Learn more about our generous conference sponsors and how they can help you ensure project success.
Find out more
Discover how the products and services of leading organisations can give you a competitive advantage.
Interested in exhibiting at this event?
If there is a moment you are needed… it is now
That was the lasting message from PWC’s Michael Moore (pictured left) whose keynote speech at the APM Scottish Conference 2018 highlighted the vast complexity of today’s challenges.
The conference welcomed delegates at all stages of their project, programme and portfolio management careers.
“Just looking at Facebook and Carillion today shows the complexity of what we are grappling with is huge… but so too is scrutiny. What happens in project management is absolutely critical to our lives. However, resources are constrained and people are in short supply.” said Michael.
In an environment where businesses will need far reaching change to survive, how do we power the pipeline with the right people with the right skills to handle such complex projects?
Benefits of attending included:
- Influential speakers sharing thought leadership so you can stay up to date with the latest techniques for successful project delivery.
- Interactive sessions so you can leave the conference with all your vital project management questions answered.
- Multiple streams ensuring a rich choice of session making the event relevant to your industry.
- Networking with the most senior figures in the profession will help raise your profile and develop your career.
- Earn up to eight hours of CPD which equates to nearly a quarter of your expected professional development for the year.
- Exhibition with leading organisations giving you the opportunity to discover how the latest products and services can generate a competitive advantage for your business.
Theme: Shaping the Next Generation
The conference provided opportunity for people both new to the profession or looking to move industries to engage with industry leaders and influential people in key Scottish companies, as well as the chance for industry leaders to engage with some of the brightest young talent in Scotland and learn how developing people is good for business. The aim was to match talent with resource, developing fresh ideas and innovative ways to manage some of Scotland’s most influential future projects.
With a large number of skilled people being freed up by the Oil and Gas industry in Scotland, the conference explored ways skilled workers could re-purpose their experience and bring new ideas to new industries.
Attendees heard from decision makers behind industries driving professional development for people from all backgrounds, and influential speakers from dynamic industries who offered their wisdom and expertise talking about their experiences being involved with some of Scotland’s most ground breaking projects.