Belinda Parmar OBE
Keynote speaker in: Empathic leadership post pandemic, Cultural Transformation and The Great Resignation
Clients include: Barclays Bank, Indeed Recruitment, HSBC, Lloyds, King Activision Blizzard, UK Government and Centrica
Belinda uses the science of empathy to change the way we lead at work. She is the creator of the Global Empathy Index published in the Harvard Business Review which is the first index to measure empathy and inclusion at scale. She works alongside CEOs and leaders of large organisations to transform companies using the power of empathy in a post Covid world. Belinda changes cultures to bring more empowerment to people’s lives with a focus on belonging and diversity.
Belinda is an expert in behavioural science and nudge theory and works with large companies to implement hundreds of ‘empathy nudges’ that organically build an empathy revolution and give people simple practical ways they can bring more empathy to work.
Belinda specialises in resilience, language and conflict resolution. Belinda was Empathy-In-Residence at Centrica, one of the world’s biggest energy companies and created the first ever Empathy Hub in Europe’s largest bank. Belinda was chosen in 2019 to speak at Davos as she is a Young Global Leader for the World Economic Forum. Belinda was awarded an OBE in 2015 by the Queen for her services to women in technology and was chosen as one of the top 20 Global Public Figures in Diversity in 2020 and has recently been voted a top 20 Diversity Champion in 2021.
Belinda is the author of Little Miss Geek which is used in schools to inspire young women to become tech pioneers.
- Woman of the Year, Shortlist, 2022, https://www.bonhillevents.com/EN/WITAwardsUK2022/shortlist
- Women In Marketing 2021, nominee with this link: https://womeninmarketing.org.uk/awards/the-2021-wim-awards-shortlist/
- Top 20 Diversity Champions in 2021
- Campaigner of the Year; European Diversity Awards, Shortlist, Oct 2021
- Top 20 Global Diversity Figures in public life in 2020, https://www.globaldiversitylist.org/public-life
- Changemaker 2020 Finalist in the Drum, https://www.thedrum.com/news/2020/11/05/finalists-announced-2020-the-drum-awards-social-purpose
- Awarded in 2020 a Champion of Change commendation by Management Today https://www.inspiringwomeninbusinessawards.co.uk/
- Listed as one of the UK’s most influential women in tech in 2020 & 2021 https://www.computerweekly.com/news/252485588/Most-Influential-Women-in-UK-Tech-The-2020-longlist
- Received an OBE in 2015 for services to women in technology https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belinda_Parmar
- Spoke at Davos in 2020 & 2019 on Responsible Leadership, Empathy and Mental Health
- Pioneered the first Global Empathy Index published in the Harvard Business Review https://hbr.org/2016/12/the-most-and-least-empathetic-companies-2016
- Set up the first ever Empathy Hub within an organisation at Europe’s largest bank
- Chosen to be a Young Global Leader for The World Economic Forum https://www.weforum.org/agenda/authors/belinda-parmar
- Been voted by Forbes as one of the most innovative women on Twitter
- Chosen by Cranfield as “Boardroom ready” and “One to watch”