Nicola Benjamin | BSc (Hons) ChPP MAPM
- Rail Franchise Manager, Department for Transport – 1999
- Workforce Development Business Manager – 2006
- Project Manager, Network Rail – 2008
- Full Member of the APM (MAPM) – 2009
- Project Sponsor, Thameslink Programme – 2012
- Business Change Manager, Digital Railway Programme – 2015
- Associate, Rail Advisory, Arup – 2018
- Chartered Project Professional (ChPP) – 2020
What has the impact been on your career since becoming a Chartered Project Professional?
Having recently become a Chartered Project Professional, I have already seen benefits for both myself and my employer. The standard provides a benchmark for our clients, who are able to instantly gauge my experience and commitment to ensuring excellent professional project management delivery.
Completing the application process, provided me with an opportunity to look back through my career and consolidate the varying project management experiences gained over that time. Having been a project professional for over 20 years, it is fantastic to have all of my project achievements captured in a single, industry recognised standard.
Would you recommend becoming a Chartered Project Professional?
I would whole-heartedly recommend becoming a Chartered Project Professional, it is a great way to demonstrate your own commitment to the profession as well as providing a beacon of excellence to those who are at an earlier stage of their project career.