- 26 February 2020
Phase Two Kingston Park Flaxley Road Peterborough PE2 9EN
Member ticket: FREE
East of England branch
Amazon Fulfilment Centre Visit
As this event is now fully booked, we have created a waiting list. If you would like to join the waiting list, please click here. We will contact you in the event of a cancellation. Thank you.
Across the globe, Amazon has more than 175 operating fulfilment centres and more than 150 million square feet of space where employees pick, pack, and ship Amazon customer orders to the tune of millions of items per year. Amazon fulfilment network is made up of state-of-the-art technology and a variety of building types and sizes to support customer fulfilment.
Joining this tour will allow you to experience the journey of an item from the moment it arrives on site as stock to the moment it leaves as a packed customer order. On this journey Amazon will touch on each of the core processes that the item moves through and cover how and why they use them. The tour will conclude with a Q&A with Amazon team members. More information can be found on the Amazon Fulfilment Centre website.
Important things to know:
- Amazon requires the names and dates of birth for all attendees prior to arriving on site.
- ID required - all guests above the age of 18 must bring a valid government-issues ID for check-in.
- All guests must wear flat, closed toe and closed back shoes (no sandals, clogs or high heels). Amazon recommends wearing comfortable shoes/trainers. Additionally, long hair must be pulled above the shoulders and long-hanging jewellery, scarves and ties are not permitted.
- Safety is the top priority in our fulfilment network therefore we’re unable to accommodate children under the age of six. This includes infants being carried by their parents. All children age six and up should be accompanied by an adult and should be able to follow instructions from the tour guide.
- Please let APM Branches Team know if you have any special requests or need any special accessibility requirements.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your tour start time. Note: If you are more than 10 minutes late for your scheduled tour, you will be unable to join the tour and will be asked to reschedule your tour for a later date.
- You may bring your keys, your wallet and your mobile phone on the tour. Please leave all other personal items at home or in your car, including bags, purses, briefcases, backpacks, pocketbooks, and binoculars.
- No cameras or other video equipment are allowed on the tour, although you may bring your mobile phone so long as you do not use it to take pictures or video/audio recordings.
- No food or drink is permitted on the tour and all participants must be free from the influence of alcohol or drugs during the tour.
- Please stay with your tour guide, remain within the designated walkways or areas, refrain from touching any equipment or machinery, and follow the instructions of the tour guide at all times.
This is an APM Member only event.
This event is suitable for professionals with any level of experience.
APM Body of Knowledge 7th edition reference
|3.3.6||Continuing professional development (CPD)|