- 14 October 2020
Book this event
Free Ticket: FREE
South Wales and West of England branch
APM SWWE Branch Conference 2020: The Evolving Project Professional
APM South Wales and West of England Branch Conference is returning to 2020 after a very successful launch in 2019!
The pertinent question to the project profession is no longer how to deal with external change, but how does the profession itself evolve to continue being as effective in the future.
The 2020 Conference turns the spotlight on the project professionals themselves, and asks how they can adapt to this future and deliver a more sustainable world.
This year the conference will focus on the following key areas:
SKILLS: Harnessing new and disruptive technologies.
With technological advances (digitalisation), shifts in society (remote working, virtual teams), and the many unknowns of the future (AI), project professionals need to be open to new ideas, flexible and ready to adapt to change. This will require a combination of soft skills and digital skills.
CULTURE: Navigating the changing professional landscape.
The future of the workplace is changing, and as a result the profession will need to change. In many ways, their role will become more important, and the emphasis will be placed onto ‘softer’ skills, such as leadership and emotional intelligence, will play a key role
TOOLS: Exploring innovative systems and processes.
Operating in a technology driven world, and the landscape in which the project profession applies our skills and creates our culture, has changed significantly. The tools, processes, and methodologies we utilise and adopt, are developing in line with our evolving environment.
Sue Kershaw, APM President, Visiting Professor, the Bartlett UCL and MD Transportation Costain
- Dr David Marsh, Director of Major Programmes and Projects, UK Ministry of Defence
- Dr Eleni Papadonikolaki, Management Consultant and Lecturer, University College London
- Dave Whitmore, Management Consultant, MI-GSO|PCUBED
- Isabelle Linden, Managing Consultant, PA Consulting
- Dr Michal Nachmany, London School of Economics
- Claire Dellar, Transformists - The Change Specialists
- Understand the challenges facing the project profession in the future.
- Learn more about the evolution of the project professional.
- Understand what skills, tools, and cultural aspects you will need to adapt to ensure you and your company remain successful.
- Be inspired by well-respected speakers.
- Gain up to seven hours of continuing professional development (CPD).
This conference will be held virtually and include interactive elements allowing attendees to contribute their own thoughts and ideas..
Previous presentations and webinars can be viewed on the APM Slideshare and YouTube channels. Follow @APMEvents for upcoming event information.
This event is suitable for professionals with any level of experience.
APM Body of Knowledge 7th edition reference
|3.3.6||Continuing professional development|