- 11 April 2019
58 Legh Street Golborne CHESHIRE WA3 3PA
Book this event
Member ticket: FREE
Non member ticket: £10.00
North West branch
Project management challenges of wind farms
The current APM Body of Knowledge contains a number of categories that are relevant to wind farm construction around the UK and Ireland. In particular:
- Uncertainty or conflicting objectives.
- High levels of unpredictability or risk.
- Multiple work packages, projects or programmes.
- Multiple interdependent stakeholders, possibly with competing interests.
In this session you will learn the main areas that cause headaches for the project management team. You will also gain an insight into how they can be resolved, and, more importantly, how they can be avoided in the first place.
Key take-aways include:
- What enabling works are required before the turbine manufacturer mobilises.
- How the turbine components are brought to site.
- Challenges of planning the turbine erection.
- Planning the testing and completion of the whole wind farm.
With a background in engineering and over 25 years construction experience, Matthew Gardner has delivered multi-million pound projects around Northern Europe whilst working for Vestas, a Danish multi-national wind turbine manufacturer.
This event is suitable for professionals with any level of experience.
APM Body of Knowledge 6th edition reference