- 26 April 2018
The Hub 500 Park Avenue Aztec West Almondsbury, BRISTOL BS32 4RZ
Book this event
Non member ticket: FREE
Member ticket: FREE
South Wales and West of England branch
SWWE branch project management finals night 2017/18
The SWWE PM challenge is designed to promote the project profession in the region and inspire our local project managers of tomorrow. It aims to deliver outputs and benefits to deserving charitable organisations across our communities.
What the teams deliver:
- The key theme of this year's competition is to benefit worthy causes across our communities.
- Hot on the heels of yet another successful competition last year, seven teams have entered the competition this year to deliver project management outcomes and benefits across our deserving communities.
- Project plans have already been submitted to the project board from all teams and the project final reports will be completed and then assessed by 12 April. The final report describes how the project was actually delivered against the original project plan.
- The signature event in the competition is the finals night where four selected teams will deliver a presentation to the project board and other attendees where the competition winner and runners-up will be selected and given their awards.
- Other awards will be provided including best project storyboard.
Why teams take part:
- Develop knowledge of the success criteria required to deliver a project.
- Compete and gauge the performance of other aspiring project professionals.
- Gain from real-life experience and practice in a wide range of key project management competences and skills.
- Develop a better understanding of the personal qualities and professional competences required to become an effective project manager and leader.
- Newcomers in the profession have the opportunity to develop and practice project management theory in a realistic environment, get the opportunity to be mentored and work alongside experienced project personnel.
- The winning team will receive the much coveted and highly prestigious SWWE PM challenge trophy!
How Is the SWWE challenge progressing?
- The SWWE PM challenge was successfully launched on 18 October 2017 with seven teams signed up to participate.
- The teams competing in this year’s competition are made up from students and staff from AIRBUS, Babcock International Group (BIG), Bristol Water, South Wales University, Turner and Townsend and the University of the West of England (UWE).
- The teams have all made an excellent start and have presented their project plans for assessment just before Christmas. These were assessed by the project board against the agreed assessment criteria.
- All teams were given feedback and permission to proceed with project implementation.
Why not do your bit for the profession and drop in for an entertaining, inspirational, informative and nail-biting climax to our exciting fourth PM challenge competition where you can interact and encourage our project managers of tomorrow!
Future events and branch information can be found on the community branch page.
This event is suitable for professionals with all levels of experience.
APM Body of Knowledge reference