- 9 July 2020
The Sponsor – an important role for successful project delivery
The over-arching theme of this conference hosted by APM Benefits and Value, Governance and Enabling Change SIGs, provides an opportunity for a fresh look at the role of ‘The Sponsor’, pivotal to successful strategy execution and value delivery.
What makes projects successful? We know that many projects fail to meet expectations – over budget, late, failing to deliver expected benefits or value. There can be many reasons for this, and three of APM’s Specific Interest Groups (Benefits and Value SIG, Governance SIG, Enabling Change SIG) are taking a day to explore the role of the sponsor and how it can make or break project success.
As well as fantastic keynote speakers representing some of the largest projects in UK, we’ll present case studies and workshops, the results of surveys, and recent publications. It will be a fulfilling day with all of the opportunities to catch up with old friends and network to make new ones that are the hallmark of APM conferences.
You may come because you are following a particular interest, or Specific Interest Group. We’d like you to explore other interests whilst you are here – the three SIGs will run parallel sessions enabling you to find out how the other two thirds live and broaden your horizon. It will be fantastic.
Who should attend?
• Sponsors, Senior Responsible Owners (SRO) and CXO and Exec Board Members
• Portfolio and Programme Directors, Heads of PPM Profession
• Business Change Managers, stakeholder and benefits management specialists
• Members of Enterprise-level, Strategy and Transformation Offices
• Portfolio and Programme Directors and Managers
• Business Case Writers, Analysts & Appraisers
• Capability Managers and Functional Leads
• All those who have an interest in bridging the value
Venue details will soon follow.