- 23 February 2018
Royal Armouries Museum Fort Nelson Portsdown Hill Road Fareham PO17 6AN FAREHAM PO17 6AN
Please Note: Following the launch of our Corporate Partnership packages, the Corporate Member rate shown is only applicable to those employees of Members who have not reached their renewal date. The correct rate will be automatically displayed at check out.
Corporate employer ticket: £60.00
Member ticket: £60.00
Corporate member ticket: £60.00
Committee Member Ticket: £30.00
Non member ticket: £78.00
Wessex Branch Formal Dinner – Fort Nelson, Royal Armouries
Please join us for our formal dinner event on Friday 23 February 2018 at Fort Nelson, Royal Armouries, as we share and enjoy our annual branch dinner in this unique environment.
Discover the national collection of artillery at the Royal Armouries within the fully restored Victorian fort which has 19 acres of ramparts, outer fortifications, secret underground tunnels, and ammunition bunkers.
During the evening we will learn briefly of the fort’s history, some of its development and of the upcoming sculpture to be formed from poppies used in the celebrated Tower of London tribute which is to be erected on the ramparts of Fort Nelson. Wave - a creation from more than 5,000 of the ceramic poppies by artist Paul Cummins and designer Tom Piper - will feature from 13 April to 24 June 2018 as one of the final destinations of its tour.
About our speaker:
Nigel Hosier has worked as Operations Manager at Fort Nelson, Royal Armouries for the past 5 years and has overseen much change and sustained growth in the business. Working for the Royal Armouries is his first experience of working in the public sector having previously worked in the visitor attractions industry. Initially working ‘at height’ as part of the management team opening and operating the Spinnaker Tower, Portsmouth before working in Edinburgh managing a successful ‘underground’ attraction.
• The early bird rate will cease as of midnight on Saturday 13th January 2018.
• Dress code is formal which requires lounge suit with tie for gentlemen and cocktail dress or trousers for ladies.
• A champagne drinks reception (1 glass each) will welcome you as you have some time to network and view the contents of the fort.
• A lucky attendee will have the honour of firing the gun outside to announce that dinner is served.
• Wine will be served with dinner. 2 bottles of white and 2 bottles of red, plus water, will be provided on each table.
• A CASH ONLY bar will be open before, during and after dinner.
• Free parking is available right outside the entrance to Fort Nelson and cars can be left overnight, if necessary, and collected the following day.
• Taxis home should be pre-booked before arrival.
• There will be the opportunity to make a personal donation to a charity, PARCS Portsmouth Abuse & Rape Crisis Service, chosen by our speakers and hosts, entirely at your discretion.
• There are a maximum of 81 places available for this event.
• Please note that there are no refunds for cancellation after the 31st January 2018.
This formal dinner is open to all, from those with initial through to advanced levels of project management knowledge and experience, and offers an excellent networking opportunity.
This event is suitable for professionals with any level of experience.
APM Body of Knowledge reference