Terms and Conditions for the Corporate Partnership Programme
General and Payments
- Annual confirmation of the acceptance of these terms and conditions is confirmed by the payment of the annual fee.
- APM reserves the right to refuse any application for corporate membership. Corporate Partners and corporate Affiliates are corporate members of APM. APM may unilaterally withdraw an individual corporate membership and withholds the right to make changes to the corporate partnership and corporate affiliate schemes.
- Payment of the fee entitles the Corporate Partner or Corporate Affiliate any entitlements associated with that status and as published by APM from time to time. The payment grants access to those entitlements for a calendar year. Payments to APM must be made in accordance with APM’s standard supplier terms and conditions which are available on request. If a Corporate Partner/ Corporate Affiliate decides to end its membership during the year no refund will be made for the remaining annual period. APM may lapse any applicable access and entitlements to a Corporate Partner/ Corporate Affiliate if renewals are not paid within a 60 day period.
- The Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate shall take reasonable steps to safeguard any APM intellectual property.
- The Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate shall comply with APM’s requirements regarding presentation of APM’s brand and trade marks.
- The Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate shall promptly notify APM of any actual, threatened or suspected infringement of any intellectual property of APM which comes to the Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate’s notice.
- APM may provide to every Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate who has paid all membership fees due from that Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate to APM from time to time digital materials from APM including but not limited to a copy of the APM Competence Framework (2nd edition) (the Competence Framework) which shall comprise the APM Competence Framework, self-assessment documents, complexity guidance, introduction and role profiles.
- The Competence Framework may only be used by the Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- In consideration of the corporate partner programme fee APM grants a licence to each Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate to whom it has provided the APM Competence Framework on a non-exclusive basis for the period of its participation in the Corporate Partner Programme of APM in relation to the whole or any part of the Competence Framework:
1) To store the APM Competence Framework in a secure manner, and
2) To give access to the APM Competence Framework to individuals (Authorised Users) employed or engaged under contract by the Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate or by a corporate body in the same group as the Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate, for the purpose of permitting Authorised Users to use the APM Competence Framework for the purposes only of reference, in-house staff management and development, creation and distribution of an in-house framework derived from the Competence Framework and for study by them.
- The APM Competence Framework shall be used by the Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate for internal distribution only and the Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate shall procure that the Authorised Users use the APM Competence Framework for internal distribution only.
- The Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate will not knowingly give access to parts of the APM Competence Framework that are not in the public domain to any person, firm, company, organisation or other entity which is not an Authorised User.
- The Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate shall so far as reasonably practical ensure that each and every part of the Competence Framework used by the Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate shall be clearly identified as being an extract of the Competence Framework and shall:
1) Not remove the copyright notice which appears on the Competence Framework and not remove the disclaimer which appears on the first page of the Competence Framework whether the Competence Framework is reproduced on screen or in printed form, and
2) Where a part or parts of the Competence Framework is or are used include the copyright notice if not already present.
- APM may at any time update the APM Competence Framework or withdraw any item or part of an item from it or withdraw the whole of the APM Competence Framework.
- All rights in the APM Competence Framework not expressly granted by these terms and conditions are reserved to APM.
- If the Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate shall cease to be a Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate of APM the Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate shall cease to use the parts of the Competence Frame that are not in the public domain.
- The Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate shall not without the prior consent of APM (which may require prior payment of an additional fee) use the APM Competence Framework in a product or service specifically dependant on the APM Competence Framework where such product or service is intended for use by any person other than the Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate or an Authorised User.
- The Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate shall not without the prior consent of APM (which may require prior payment of an additional fee) use the APM Competence Framework for the purposes of monetary reward by means of the sale, resale, loan, transfer, hire or other form of exploitation including, without limitation, fee-for-service or other systematic supply.
- The Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate shall not, and will procure that no Authorised User shall, loan, publish, adapt, reverse engineer, disassemble, make corrections to or otherwise exploit, modify, create derivative works or combine with any other material the whole or any part of the Competence Framework except to the extent necessary to use the Competence Framework for the purposes described in 9b above.
- Information that is not in the public domain and is used in connection with or relates to the business, customers, financial or other affairs of APM or of another Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate of APM of which the Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate becomes aware as a result of its participation in the Corporate Partner Programme of APM is Confidential Information. The Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate shall at all times during the period of its participation in the Corporate Partner Programme of APM and thereafter use its reasonable endeavours to keep all Confidential Information confidential and accordingly shall not disclose any Confidential Information to any other person, save that this requirement shall not apply to Confidential Information:
1) Which is or becomes public knowledge (otherwise than by breach of this term)
2) Which was in the possession of the Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate, without restriction as to its disclosure, before receiving it from APM or the other Corporate Partner/Corporate Affiliate (as the case may be)
3) Which is received from a third party who lawfully acquired it and who is under no obligation regarding its disclosure
4) Is independently developed without access to the Confidential Information, or
5) Which must be disclosed pursuant to a statutory, legal or parliamentary obligation placed upon the party making the disclosure, including any requirements under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.