Terms and Conditions for Membership of the Association for Project Management (APM)
- All APM members commit to the APM Code of Professional Conduct which sets out the standards of conduct expected of those working in the profession in line with the APM FIVE Dimensions of Professionalism.
- Every Full and Fellow member agrees to receive documents and information from APM relating to their membership and that these may be in electronic form sent to the member’s preferred e-mail address (if supplied to APM) and may be provided to the member by being made available on the APM website.
- Student membership is open to anyone who is a registered student with a further education college or university, studying on a full-time course, or any student of an Academic Accredited Course. APM reserves the right to verify the student card of any student membership applicant. As APM expects student membership to last not more than five years, students will be upgraded automatically to associate membership upon completion of five years as a student member.
- Associate membership is open to anyone with an interest in project management or who may be new to the profession.
- For the purposes of these terms and conditions, Force Majeure Event means an event beyond the reasonable control of APM including but not limited to strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving the workforce of APM or any other party), failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors.
- APM shall not be liable as a result of any delay or failure to perform its obligations to you as a result of a Force Majeure Event.
- If the Force Majeure Event prevents APM from performing its obligations to you, for example if an event is cancelled as a result of a Force Majeure Event, APM shall, without limiting its other rights or remedies, have the right to terminate any contract with you immediately by giving you written notice.
- Written notice may be given by post or email, and a post on APM's website shall also constitute effective written notice.
Additional terms and conditions for ordering Project magazine from APM
- Project subscribers receive 1 year’s subscription to Project magazine (4 issues per year)
- The subscription will start from the next available issue.
- If a Project subscriber subsequently becomes a member of APM, their subscription will be cancelled and they will continue to receive Project magazine as part of their membership package. No refunds will be given for cancelled subscriptions.
- There is a maximum of one subscription per individual.
- Only non-members may subscribe to Project Members receive the magazine as part of their membership.
- If a Project subscriber moves between postage zones during their subscription, no charge/refund will be made. If the subscriber renews their subscription using their new address, they will be charged according to the postage zone of their new address.
Association for Project Management is incorporated by Royal Charter RC000890 and a registered charity No: 1171112. Principal office is Ibis House, Regent Park, Summerleys Road, Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire HP27 9LE. It is governed by its Royal Charter which are supplemented by its Regulations.