2. You Can Help Drive Good Governance
The Governance SIG is seeking new talent to join its committee.
We are looking for people with an interest and a passion for governance plus some relevant experience (though you don't have to be an expert, just keen, inquisitive and willing to roll your sleeves up).
Of course you must be an advocate for good governance and would be expected to help with SIG activities such as organising events, outreach, developing guidance, newsletters, research - and make best endeavours to attend our monthly committee meetings (2 hours, every 2nd Wednesday) in person or by conference call. The amount of time you give is up to you.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Influence the development and dissemination of governance guidance and practice
- Learn from fellow committee members and SIG guests
- Earn CPD points whilst attending committees and undertaking committee work
- Gain recognition for your commitment to the profession
Could that be you? To make a difference, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The APM’s former Chief Executive, Andrew Bragg, often referred to the Governance SIG as the ‘jewel in the crown’ of the association’s member activities - not just because of our four authoritative guides, but also reflecting the emphasis the SIG places on outreach.