APM Presents: Professional development
Posted by Kirsten on 20th Mar 2017
'APM Presents…Professional Development' will be held at Etc Venues on Friday 7 July 2017 at St. Paul’s, 200 Aldersgate, London, and will provide an essential insight into professional project management. This annual APM event is aimed at those new to professional project management, those wishing to understand the opportunities for professional development, and for employers wishing to understand how to develop professionalism in their organisation.
A unique and personal event, APM Presents will provide valuable insight as to how projects are actually managed. It will address the challenges, techniques and keys to success, as well as the ways in which individuals and organisations can develop capability and improve project success.
Learn from industry leaders and those with the relevant hands-on experience in delivering projects from a growing range of sectors.
With speakers drawn from APM’s respected specific interest groups (SIGs), alongside expert advisors and professional development specialists, APM Presents is a uniquely interactive event which will provide attendees from across the profession with unrivalled insight into real projects and key project management topics.
Presented as a series of small round table discussions, delegates will learn about key topics in the profession, as well as the opportunities for professional development that exists. In total delegates will be able to attend at least four sessions during the course of the day, providing plenty of opportunities to ask questions and learn from our specialist practitioners.
The following specific interest groups will be in attendance on the day:
· Enabling change
· Portfolio management
· Programme management
· Contracts and procurement
· Planning, Monitoring and Control
· Benefits Management
What are the benefits of attending?
- You will gain essential insight into the fundamentals of project management.
- Interactive professional development sessions mean you can leave this event with all your essential project management questions answered.
- Lots of opportunities to ask questions and learn from experienced project professionals, which will benefit those new to the profession or early into their career.
- Earn up to eight hours of CPD, which equates to nearly a quarter of your expected professional development for the year.
- Speak to exhibitors to discover more about the latest products and services that can help you in the development of your career.
Last year’s theme was ‘APM Presents...Project management in practice'. You can read more about the event here.
Share this page
Most people see the business case process as a form of medieval torture administered by accountants. They also, with some justification, question the quality and value of the business case once created.