Candidate biography - Brian Wernham
Posted by APM on 15th Sep 2013
I have ideas and get things done. Consensus for action is built by listening, learning, contributing and communicating with others.
I am proud to be an active APM Member.
There are green-shoots of recovery in the economy. Now is the time to grow the APM into being the voice of the profession by:
- Working towards a vigorous expansion of individual Memberships - this is how Chartered Status will be attained
- Extending to a diverse Membership geographic diversity, industry diversity, age diversity, gender diversity, ethnic diversity and more
- Increasing the role of Branches in engagement with Individual and Corporate Members and Academics to develop this vision
- Empowering SIGs to generate debate, create a coherent body of knowledge, link with other professional bodies and drive the creation of world-class qualifications
- Agreeing Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-bound (S.M.A.R.T.) objectives for the above.
Every Member is an active Member, progressing up a career escalator each setting their sights on self-discovery and growth, and paying back by mentoring and helping those starting out on their journey.
I deliver projects by agreeing simple, targeted objectives, encouraging open behaviours, building personal relationships and communicating. Recently interviewed live on primetime Radio 4 and BBC TV, international keynote speaker, author and blogger, I will help the APM do more to communicate clearly and establish its voice in the mass media through effective PR.
34 years of practical business experience in engineering, transport, construction, finance and IT business change and RPP FAPM FBCS CEng MBA BSc.
Share this page
The more diverse your team is, the more impressive its problem-solving and decision-making skills will be.
Good governance is about how people behave. These behaviours need to be set from the top.
Have you ever wondered what the difference was between Project Management and Change Management? Why both are needed to make a project truly successful and ensure the benefits are realised? On the 13th September 2016, Ranjit Sidhu came to Norwich to explain all!