At the end of October the People SIG welcomed back Alan Barnard (this time aided by colleague John Braggins) from Campaign It! who was returning for Part 2 of How to construct a campaign of communications to achieve support for your project, Part 1 of which was held back in June and during which time beat us from completing the evening.
Alan reminded us that a campaign is…
- A planned sequence of communications
- That makes use of all appropriate channels
- To achieve defined outcomes
- In a specific time-frame
- By influencing the decision-makers who will allow success
Alan also walked through part of the Campaign It! Model focussing in on 4 main areas…
- Start with the end – work out your desired outcome and the cause associated with it
- Know who gives you permission to succeed – they are the audience you need to influence
- Work out the compelling story that will persuade them
- And then tell that story – repeatedly using all appropriate channels of communication
Then it was time for the planned lengthy Q&A session during which time we bounced around many live queries folks had bought with them involving Asda, The Law Society, libraries and Heathrow Airport to name but a few.
You can follow the People SIG on Twitter at @PeopleSIG or if you would like to know more about what we are planning then why not email us at email@example.com
You can see Alan's slides below: