Joint RICS and APM Project Leadership Conference 2016
Posted by APM on 17th Dec 2015
APM and RICS will be jointly hosting a project leadership conference in London on Tuesday 23rd February.
The all-day event will be looking at outlining the solutions to people investment, talent and leadership in order for you to operate effectively and efficiently.
Industry leading speakers from RICS and APM will come together to ensure you have the relevant information, strategies, case studies, models and tools for your daily practice.
The conference will be jointly chaired by project director at Moorfields Eye Hospital Tim Fry and director of JJL Consultancy, Joseph Lee.
APM board member Dr Paul Chapman, who is a senior fellow at Said Business School, will be amongst those presenting on the day. His presentation will cover case studies and best practice examples for the project profession around:
- The work of the UK Government’s Major Programmes Leadership Academy
- Case studies of leadership and project management
- Leadership models and personal attributes
Some of the other topics that will be covered by other speakers in the various sections of the programme will be:
- People and talent investment: the vision for the future needs of the profession
- Project case study: leadership to deliver for commercial success – by Rob Leslie-Carter, director at ARUP (APM Award Winning Project Manager of the Year, 2003 and former APM Conference speaker)
- Emotional intelligence (EI): new leadership approaches for moving people to embrace the project’s tasks - by Eleri Evans from Trans4m (APM People Specific Interest Group)
- Unconscious bias: unleashing the full talent potential in your team for better project results – by Joanna Barker and Tara Zutshi from Full Potential Group
- Women in project management: maximising our diverse talent to drive project outcomes by Dr Teri Okoro from Toca (Chair, APM Women in Project Management Specific Interest Group & APM’s Representative to the CIC Diversity Panel)
- Interactive team workshop challenges: leadership and the project - Delegates will be divided into four teams to work through specific leadership challenges. This interactive workshop session will be guided by Donnie MacNicol, author of Project Leadership 3rd Edition. During this session delegates will be briefed on their challenge around the themes in order to dovetail leadership and project management for optimum project performance.
Join RICS and APM by booking your place at this one day, national conference with your decision making colleagues to find out how to adhere to your project leadership aspirations. For more information download the programme.