Opportunities are available to join theBenefits Management Specific Interest Group
Posted by APM on 6th Jun 2014
Opportunities are available to join the Benefits Management Specific Interest Group. This increasingly well-established discipline is helping to ensure the efficient and effective investment in organisational development but there is more to be done.
The Benefits Management SIG has since its inception some five years ago done much to promote the worth and utility of the benefits management discipline. With many successful events behind us, the most recent a joint event with the Portfolio Management SIG - Creating and sustaining an environment for success, much has already been done to ensure its integration within the project and programme communities.
The SIG authored a number of well received thought leadership papers (see below) served well to position benefits management as a means to meet efficiency savings in both public and private sectors.
- Delivering benefits from investments in change series:
- Benefits management - a strategic business skill for all seasons
- Pushing the boundaries of change: benefits realisation across local government
However, we live in challenging times and we in the SIG are keen to support benefits management in the workplace and a key objective of our 2014 agenda is to focus on how benefits management is, or could be, implemented across the major industry sectors.
Already this year we have been collaborating with the The Socit de transport de Montral (STM) and the formation of a forum to discuss benefits in the transport sector is well under way.
The highlights of our 2014 SIG strategy are listed below:
- Raise the profile on the method and merits of benefits realisation management
- Encouraging our SIG members to be more involved
- Recruit more members
- Collaborative community building and offering opportunities to network
- Seeking collaboration opportunities with representatives from multiple industry sectors
- Work with all APM SIGs and Branches to share initiatives and hold joint events
- Providing a contact and information base for individuals and organisation interested in learning more or developing their own benefits management understanding and capability
Generally, the commitment is for a few hours each month, with meetings held most months (face-to-face and dial-in options), and with all reasonable expenses paid by the APM.
Therefore, if you want a challenge and wish to volunteer yourself to help the SIG please click here and let us know what you would like to do.
Please join us as at our AGM on Wednesday 18th June 2014 in the Holiday Inn Regents Park, London, where Richard Bacon MP will present on ‘Why every government gets things wrong – and what we can do about it.’
I look forward to hearing from you.
APM Benefits Management SIG
Share this page
A new way of thinking about risk and benefits...