People SIG AGM featuring the Stakeholder Engagement Focus Group and committee results 2016/17 results
Posted by APM on 20th Jun 2016
The People SIG Annual General meeting took place on 16th June 2016 at the Badgemore Golf Club, Henley-on-Thames with 25 attending. Russel Jamieson, the outgoing SIG Chair, outlined the SIG's activities over the past 12 months, its plans for the next 12 months and also the finances. The election of the new Committee was facilitated over by Russel and all those nominated were unanimously elected by the APM members in attendance.
People SIG AGM results:
Existing committee re-elected:
- Adam Juniper
- David Richardson
- Eleri Evans
- Robert Blakemore
- Russel Jamieson
- Tim Lyons
- Oliver Randall
The SIG recorded their thanks to Ann Pilkington and Peter Johnson who are not seeking re-election or had stood down during the year.
The AGM was followed by engaging and very well received short presentations by members of the Stakeholder Engagement Focus Group (SEFG) who have recently been integrated into our SIG. The SEFG, when within Thames Valley branch, won funding from APM in 2014 to conduct research. After successfully delivering their research there was a need to move the group into a business as usual environment so that they could continue their fine work. People SIG is a natural fit and so we formally welcomed them into our family during the AGM.
Speakers on the night included:
- Professor Agi Oldfield, RAS Consulting, who spoke about the London School of Economics research into stakeholders
- Miles Shepherd, APM Vice-President, who spoke about systems thinking, and how it highlights the importance of people in the PM process as well as the significance of people in quality management processes
- Michael Ocock, Conspectus Project Management Ltd, who spoke in support of what Miles had shared including an example on an underground enhancement in London with quite unbelievable complexity in scope despite the simplicity of the request
- Barry Trebes, Trebes Consulting Limited, who spoke about the importance of the people factor in the contract and procurement process
- Niall Campbell, Strategic Planning Society, who voiced their support and highlighted their need to work with APM
- Ben Pinches, Oxford Major Programmes, who issued an open call to action as the evening drew to a close.
The People SIG chair's report can be seen here.
The presenters' slides can be seen here.
Following the first committee meeting for the 2016-2017 period on Monday 18th July the roles were elected for Chair and Secretary. It was decided by the committee that the SIG with be Co-Chaired with Russel Jamieson keep supporting the role of Chair and now shared with Eleri Evans previously the Secretary, who is now Robert Blakemore.