Portfolio Management SIG Conference 2017 - book your place!
"Balancing your change portfolio – identifying and managing risks, resources, investment and delivery"
In 2017, the annual conference run by the APM's Portfolio Management (PfM) Specific Interest Group (SIG) will look at the challenges that face organisations when attempting to balance their change portfolios, including the management of key risks, prioritisation of scarce resources, and optimising investment to meet business objectives. All of this to ensure that the portfolio delivers what is promised.
This will be the SIG’s fourth conference and continues the showcasing of current and practical examples of how portfolio management has become a critical component for all organisations in their desire to achieve their strategic objectives.
Senior practitioners from organisations spanning many business sectors will share their views on areas such as:
• Using risk to balance the portfolio, and the relevance of ‘risk appetite’ in your organisation
• Balancing the portfolio for value and/or throughput by optimising the use of critical and scarce skills and resources
• Optimising investment as a driver to balance the portfolio and achieve the organisation’s strategy
• Balancing the portfolio to maximise the benefits delivered
Again, we are putting together a top-quality line-up, with presenters expected from a wide array of organisations representing both private and public sectors - more details will be published shortly. Presenters will use case studies to offer lessons and insights as well as provide opportunities for delegates to compare their own experiences.
In summary, the conference will include:
• An opening scene-setter, looking at a key aspects of strategic portfolio management
• A series of presentations, from a mix of private/public sector organisations
• Structured break-out sessions to capture the views of delegates on different PfM viewpoints
• Launch of the SIG’s latest “thought leadership” report
• Concluding panel session
This event is aimed at all senior change professionals, change leaders and those involved in running large programmes or portfolios who wish to understand more about current and emerging ideas on balancing strategic change portfolios. It is a great opportunity to meet a host of industry practitioners and thought-leaders and exchange your experiences with other portfolio managers and network with like-minded people.
To ensure you don’t miss out book now.
Keep an eye on the APM website for more information and speaker announcements.