Steve Wake - candidate statement
Posted by APM on 20th Sep 2015
Since I joined the Board as a member and now as Chairman I have pursued a reshaping and reformist agenda. More change than has ever occurred before. The changes are now taking place. It’s not just talk.
I am delivering on my previous statement, still valid below. I need another term to make those changes stick.
I have always been a fully engaged APM Volunteer. That means I turn up and do the work. I have ideas and opinions and I actually make them happen, for myself and the groups I work with.
I will continue to work towards:
- A Listening Learning and Leading culture for the community we are and the community we serve.
- A return to the basics of project management.
- A recalibration of the relationship of the Association with its members so that the members are participants rather than spectators. Supported rather than managed.
- Better representation of SIGS and Branches at Board with a clear chain of responsibility and authority.
- A focus on social enterprise that provides value in favour of profit.
Share this page
Agile refuses to analyse requirements beforehand – and thus declines to provide an initial certainty. This will probably always scare any stakeholder trying to understand whether or not they can show results to the board with the budget that they are granted.
You have a choice. You can either muddle on, stand firm and fix it – or look elsewhere.