Thames Valley PM Challenge theme announced for 2014/15: Plan and deliver a project within the broad theme of 'Communications'
The Thames Valley PM Challenge provides teams of fledgling project managers from a variety of industries with the opportunity to manage and deliver a project outside the work environment and in competition with their peers. The event has previously attracted entries from a variety of APM corporate members within the Thames Valley area and is now being run for the fourth year in succession.
This year's PM Challenge will run between 6th November 2014 and 10th April 2015, with the finals night being held in Reading in May 2015.
The objective of the Challenge is to provide entrants with excellent opportunities to:
• develop, practice and apply their project management theory in a learning environment
• be mentored by and work alongside an experienced project professional
• practice both hard and soft skills within a real-life project management experience
• apply project management practice to deliver a solution
• develop an understanding of the success criteria required to deliver a winning project
• develop the requisite qualities of an effective project manager
• to compete against other project managers across the Thames Valley region.
The task for the 2014 PM Challenge is to plan and deliver a project
within the broad theme of ‘Communications’
Objectives and rules can be downloaded below.
In order to reduce the administration time and costs associated with the running of the event, there is a £500 entry fee per team. This fee not only provides entry to the PM Challenge, but also includes the price of a table for eight people at the Finals Night. This provides excellent value for money when you consider the learning and development opportunities that participants will experience.
We do hope that your organisation will be able to field a team or teams, to take part in this year’s PM Challenge as we are very keen for developing project managers to participate. If you need any further information, or would like to discuss the Challenge we would be pleased to hear from you.