Social media guidelines
These guidelines are in place to help create a safe environment on all social media channels run by Association for Project Management (APM). The advice may also be of use more generally when submitting to any online platform. The aim of our social media channels is to encourage community engagement where participants can share, discuss, and discover information and ideas, as well as connect with other like-minded individuals.
We ask that anyone engaging with our social media channels shows courtesy, kindness and respect to all other members of our communities.
To help create this safe and constructive environment we have set out some guidelines which apply to any engagement with us and/or other members of the community on any of our social media channels.
By engaging with our social media channels, you agree to follow these guidelines.
Comments must not:
- contain spam, be defamatory of any person, deceive others, be obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, hateful, inflammatory or promote sexually explicit material or violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- breach any of the terms of any of the social media platforms themselves;
- be off-topic, irrelevant or unintelligible;
- Or contain any advertising or promote any services.
- Only post content if you have the proper permission from its rightful owners. If it belongs to someone else, please don’t post it. Copyrighted and trademarked material and other intellectual property will be flagged for removal.
- By posting material on any online material you understand that it is probable it will be shared and reproduced. APM may do this but will not otherwise reuse without permission and will always attribute content. You should check the terms and conditions of online platforms to make sure you understand them.
- You are responsible for what you choose to post.
Breach of guidelines
We reserve the right to determine, at our discretion, whether contributions to our social media channels breach our guidelines. We reserve the right to hide or delete comments made on our channels, as well as block users who do not follow these guidelines. Individual members of APM are aware that they are required to abide by the Code of Professional Conduct and can be held account for their actions under it. Serious breaches of these guidelines are likely to fall within the remit of the CPC.