Senior project manager, Turner and Townsend
Katie has worked in Project Management for nearly a decade in a career that has taken her from Auckland to Alexandria and from the factory floor to water treatment works to Crossrail. She is a Senior Project Manager with Turner & Townsend, delivering construction projects and can mostly be found in full PPE on the site. Katie holds qualifications with Prince2, PMI and the APM and is experienced within a variety of industries, clients and delivery methods.
She is particularly adept at proactively working with stakeholders, clients and team members who may have set ways of working and helping them to make appropriate and relevant changes and improvements.
Katie has recently moved to London and is enjoying the extensive challenges that London brings. She was not enjoying the tube at rush hour, although it is much more acceptable in this post Covid-19 working world. Katie is a firm believer of a good work - life balance and has many hobbies including tag rugby, riding, dancing (Ceroc) and reading.
Turner and Townsend panel synopsis
How to approach your career with a growth mindset
Thinking of entering the profession, or at the early stages of your career? This session gives you the opportunity to be inspired by project professionals at different career stages to fulfil your potential and approach your career journey through the profession with a growth mindset. Three female project professionals will share their thoughts on:
- What has influenced them
- How they see the profession and experiences of women in the profession evolving and changing in the future
- Different experiences as a female project professional and what they have learned
- What they would give back to the profession and what they would pass on to others following similar journeys in the profession
- How they plan to develop and inspire others for the future
- This session will provide thought provoking takeaways that audience members from all career stages within the profession can implement to work towards more of a growth mindset.