COMPETENCE 10: CAPABILITY DEVELOPMENT
The ability to assess organisational maturity in relation to a change initiative and the wider organisation.
Capability development addresses the continuous improvement of competences within an organisation, investing in people and knowledge, and improving the predictability of delivering results and creating the correct context for teams to perform.
Knowledge of the current level of organisational maturity.
Use tools and techniques to determine the organisation’s capability to support a change initiative.
- The range of tools and techniques that can be used to assess organisational capability and individuals’ skills and competence, to establish their development needs.
- Ways to assess the current level of organisational maturity.
- Methods for adapting behaviour to the needs of a change initiative and good practice.
Knowledge of what constitutes a training and development strategy.
Develop and implement a training and development strategy in relation to change initiative management.
- The skills required to develop and implement a training and development strategy.
- Ways to develop an appropriate communication and engagement plan.
- Ways to identify organisational, team and individual needs and develop appropriate targets.
- How to support development on an ongoing basis; the approach and methods to be used, including formal and informal.
- The use of data to benchmark and assess improvement to demonstrate achievements.
Knowledge of ways to conduct a skills analysis.
Conduct a skills analysis on individuals within an organisation to identify gaps in competences required to deliver a successful change initiative.
- The methods of assessment and appropriate options to address gaps.
- The importance of developing goals and objectives consistent with needs and requirements.
- Ways to create an open and honest environment that is supportive of individual and team learning, in order to build trust.
- Behaviours that show areas of potential concern or conflict, and effective resolution methods.
Knowledge of the uplifting capability within the organisation.
Apply relevant competency models to the organisation’s workforce in relation to change initiative management.
- Ways to maximise formal and informal learning opportunities.
- The alignment of learning outcomes with changing organisational needs.
- Ways to share experience, for example, communities of practice.
- The alignment of roles and responsibilities to the competence model.
Knowledge of the options for developing an ongoing people development plan.
Monitor and evaluate organisational learning against objectives.
- Methods to monitor change through comparison of skills, maturity objectives and subsequent outcomes.
- How to communicate timely feedback in a meaningful way to demonstrate progress to the wider organisation.
- Ways to create an environment of trust, which enables open and honest conversations to aid individual performance.
- How to embed an ongoing learning culture.