APM membership overview
Whether you simply have an interest in improving your project management skills, are starting out in the profession or are already an experienced professional, there’s an APM membership grade designed for you. What’s more, by becoming a member of APM, you will join over 22,350 people in Europe’s largest professional body for project and programme management.
Being a member of APM demonstrates your commitment to professionalism to your peers, employers and customers alike.
Top ten reasons to join
There are many reasons to join the Association for Project Management (APM). If you aren't already a member, here are a few things you should know.
1. There is a membership grade for everyone, with four different grades to choose from. The different grades available make APM membership suitable for everyone in the profession and help reflect your progression and standing within the project management community throughout your career.
2. Certain levels of APM membership are recognised as satisfying some of the requirements for APM Registered Project Professional. APM recognises them as evidence of knowledge, CPD or competence, depending on the particular level of membership. For more information on APM's pan-sector standard please visit the APM Registered Project Professional (RPP) webpage.
3. 13 APM Branches offering opportunities to network and learn about the latest developments within project management.
4. 15 APM Specific Interest Groups enabling further understanding and good practice in particular aspects of project management, with peers and experts.
5. Significant savings for members taking one of the five APM qualifications
6. 200+ events held across the UK each year supporting your continuing professional development.
7. APM is a member of the International Project Management Association, helping steer and develop project, programme and portfolio management on an international level.
8. 10% discount on APM publications for current members. Just visit our publications page and view our catalogue to see what will help you.
9. Membership also grants you discounted access to our annual APM Project Management Conference, helping you keep up to speed with the latest project management trends and developments from the world’s leading project professionals. APM members can also get discounted seats or tables at the annual APM Project Management Awards, where we recognise and celebrate people's achievements through project management.
10. 26 different APM publications are currently free to members in the member resources area.