What is ChPP?
The Chartered Project Professional (ChPP) standard is a professional benchmark that demonstrates attainment of a defined level of technical knowledge, professional practice and ethical behaviour. It forms the basis of the assessment that applicants must pass to gain ChPP status and inclusion on the Register of Chartered Project Professionals.
ChPP support services
Are you considering applying to become a ChPP? If so, APM has created a range of support services to assist individuals in preparing their applications.
Who should become a Chartered Project Professional (ChPP)?
ChPP is for anyone that meets the following criteria:
- having a proven track record delivering projects, programmes, portfolios or a key control or enabling function and;
- having up-to-date knowledge of current practices and methods and;
- being actively involved in the project profession.
You do not need to be an APM member to apply. Existing members of APM belong to a chartered body but in order to achieve chartered status on an individual basis, they will need to apply for the Chartered Project Professional (ChPP) standard. A range of support services are now available to book to support those that want to achieve ChPP. These support services are open to all, however individual members of APM receive a discounted rate.
Register of Chartered Project Professionals
The Register lists Chartered Project Professionals who have met the standard by demonstrating a defined level of technical knowledge, professional practice and ethical behaviour.
ChPP - The individual's perspective
ChPP - The organisation's perspective
Benefits of becoming chartered
For you it means:
- Personal recognition from your peers in project management and other professions.
- Enhanced CV to stand out in the job market.
- A framework for the development of your career.
- International recognition.
- Assurance for clients of high standards and ethical practice.
- Use of the post nominal ChPP.
- Increased understanding, helping you to work more effectively.
For employers it means:
- Proof of a high standard of practice and ethical standards.
- Attracting the best talent by actively supporting chartered.
- A competitive edge.
- A ready-made framework for developing your people.
- Motivated team committed to continued professional development and ethics.
- Increased status of project management in organisations/clients and the public.