APM Project Management Conference Manchester 2018
The APM Project Management Conference Manchester, sponsored by Hyde Park Solutions Ltd and Kcom took place on the 7th November and asked Is productivity the best measure of success?
We explored ways that the project profession can be a Catalyst for Good and give those working within it the tools to deliver projects, programmes and portfolios that contribute to wider economic and social benefit.
Speakers / Presentations
The event hosted a strong line up of renowned speakers from a broad range of sectors.
Delegates were offered the opportunity to network with diverse organisations involved in the profession.
We were proud to be associated with a number of influential organisations from a range of industries.
- From the beginning of a project, think about what benefits it will bring in the real world - Invest in and engage with those benefits and link to the real-world agenda and context that matters to your audience.
- Before starting a project, look at other projects’ lessons learned rather than starting from scratch – and at the end of projects – capture lessons learned in a way that they can be shared and applied to other projects.
- When tackling a project and technology is available, focus on the challenge first, then the tech. Communication, collaboration and common purpose are still the most important things in managing a successful project, and digital tools can help with this, but they need to be used in the right way.
- Innovate with purpose and be intentional about investing time and effort. Each innovation used in a project has to link back to the project aims and benefits.
- Be consistent and genuine in your own values when shaping your leadership style whilst also being specific about your lowest level of acceptance. People do not commit to your values but to what you accept.