APM Project Management Conference Manchester 2016
The APM Manchester Conference, held at the Etihad Stadium, Manchester on 8 December 2016, provided an intensive day of knowledge sharing and insights from a range of industry experts, exploring infrastructure, communication and technology projects all designed to revitalise traditional industrial heartlands in the north of England.
Shaping the Northern Powerhouse
The British economy is undergoing the most significant redevelopment it has gone through in over a century. Infrastructure, communication and technology projects all designed to revitalise traditional industrial heartlands in the north of England and re- balance the UK economy.
But, what is the so called Northern Powerhouse? Is it achievable? And how will it impact the project management profession? The Association for Project Management is bringing its award-winning project management conference to Manchester to explore the Northern Powerhouse and its impact on the north of England, the UK as a whole and its place in the global economy.
Who is it for
The event is for project professionals across all levels and sectors that are looking to develop their career or establish a wider knowledge of the profession.
Industry-leading speakers will allow delegates to walk away with a broader and deeper understanding of where the project profession is heading and with the confidence to thrive in their current and upcoming projects.
Benefits of attending include:
- Influential speakers sharing thought leadership so you can stay up to date with the latest techniques for successful project delivery.
- Interactive sessions so you can leave the conference with all your vital project management questions answered.
- Multiple streams ensuring a rich choice of session making the event relevant to your industry.
- Networking with the most senior figures in the profession will help raise your profile and develop your career.
- Earn up to eight hours of CPD which equates to nearly a quarter of your expected professional development for the year.
- Exhibition with leading organisations giving you the opportunity to discover how the latest products and services can generate a competitive advantage for your business.
2016 Conference speakers
Welcome and introduction
- David Waboso CBE - managing director of digital railway, Network Rail
- Graham Winch, professor of Project Management at Alliance Manchester Business School
- Emma Griffin - professor of Modern British History
- Mike Blackburn OBE - north west regional director for BT
- Adrian Mills - general manager, BBC North
- Anthony Lewis, programme director of switching, Smart DCC
- Christine Bellamy, head of business operations, BBC Digital
- David Abdy, director of project management, Transport for the North
- Julian Smith, head of external affairs, Association for Project Management
- Michael Christie, strategy director and chief technologist for the Military Air and Information business at BAE Systems
- Paul Taylor, head of programme development, MWH Global
- Sandra Booth, pro vice chancellor of enterprise, business development and engagement, University of Cumbria
- Steve Gillingham, Director for the North and Scotland, Mace Limited
- Steve Livingstone, projects director - executive, Sellafield
- David Bryde, professor of project management at Liverpool Business School (LBS), LJMU
- Phillip Isgar, provider of Strategic and Innovative solutions together with Non-Exec Director skills to the public and private sectors
- Steve Barron, project management learning facilitator, Lancaster University
View the Flickr album from the event:
2016 Conference sponsors
|09.00||Welcome||Graham Winch, Professor|
|09:10||Introduction||David Waboso, APM President|
|09:30||Keynote Speaker||Emma Griffin, Historian|
|10:15||Michael Christie, BAE Systems|
|11:30 Session A|
|Making the powerhouse possible: energy and infrastructure
Stream Chair: Steve Barron
|Future projects delivered by tomorrow's workforce
Stream Chair: Philip Isgar
|Creating a digital powerhouse fit for the big screen
Stream Chair: David Bryde
Steve Livingstone, Sellafield
Steve Gillingham, MACE
Meeting the Northern Powerhouse skills
Anthony Lewis, Smart DCC
|13:30 Session B|
|Paul Taylor, MWH Global
An outcomes approach for the North's driver of regeneration
|Sandra Booth, University of Cumbria
Project management: a catalyst for regional development
|Adrian Mills, BBC
Building the BBC in the North
|14:20 Session C|
|David Abdy, Transport for the North
Transport for the North
|Julian Smith, APM
The project profession: trends, challenges and the future
|Christine Bellamy, BBC
"Our friends in the North" - driving innovation
|15:35||Keynote Speaker||Mike Blackburn, BT|
|16:35||Close||Graham Winch, Professor|
Programme is subject to change
- 20|20 Business Insight
- APM North West branch
- APM Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire branch
- BAE Systems
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Differentia Consulting
- Hyde Park Solutions
- MWH Global
- Novare Consulting
- QA Ltd
- RPC UK Limited
- Sanderson Plc
- School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering, The University of Manchester
- Training ByteSize Ltd