APM Scottish Conference 2016
Held at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre in the heart of the city on 8 September 2016, the event explored how we can evolve as a profession in order to unlock high performance through continuous improvement. The conference came at a time which sees enormous change throughout Scotland. Demand for world class project professionals to deliver change and benefits within tight budgets and on enormous scale in both public and private sector organisations can be seen across the board.
Evolve - Unlocking high performance through continuous improvement
- sponsored by BAE Systems
Project management plays a critical role across every sector. The profession is continuing to evolve as project management becomes embedded in organisations and new approaches are developed.
The 2016 Scottish conference focused upon how project management has improved as a profession, how it continues to improve, and how those improvements have found practical applications across a wide range of sectors running key projects across Scotland.
Thanks to a line-up of industry leading speakers including Roger Querns, programme director, EGIP, Network rail, the daylong conference allowed delegates to walk away with a deeper understanding of where the project profession is heading and armed with new skills and the latest tactics to enhance and optimise performance on current and future projects.
Please register your interest if you would like APM to contact you when booking details become available for the APM Scottish Conference 2017.
Who is it for
The event was aimed at project professionals across all levels and sectors that were looking to develop their career or establish a wider knowledge of the profession.
Benefits of attending include:
- Influential speakers sharing thought leadership so you can stay up to date with the latest techniques for successful project delivery.
- Interactive sessions so you can leave the conference with all your vital project management questions answered.
- Multiple streams ensuring a rich choice of session making the event relevant to your industry.
- Networking with the most senior figures in the profession will help raise your profile and develop your career.
- Earn up to eight hours of CPD which equates to nearly a quarter of your expected professional development for the year.
- Exhibition with leading organisations giving you the opportunity to discover how the latest products and services can generate a competitive advantage for your business.
Scottish Conference 2016 Programme
|09.00||Introduction||Roger Walker – chairman, APM Scotland Branch|
|09.10||Welcome & CEO Update||Sara Drake – CEO, APM|
|09.30||Keynote Speaker||Hamish Taylor, founder of the Skills Exchange Network. Former CEO of Eurostar & Sainsbury’s Bank|
|11.00||Keynote Speaker||George Lowder, CEO of Transport for Edinburgh|
|12.00 Afternoon session|
|Gillian Hailstones, Maggies Cancer Centres||David Maclean, head of programme management BAE Systems||Brian Wernham, APM board member|
|13.45 Afternoon session|
|Andrew Sharman, CEO, RyderMarshSharman||Brian Martin||To be announced|
|14.30 Afternoon session|
|Caroline Donaldson, founding director and executive coach, Kynesis||Rodger Querns, programme director, ScotRail,||Jennifer Stirton
|15.45||Keynote Speaker||To be announced|
|16.45||Keynote Speaker – President Q&A||David Waboso – president, APM|
|17.15||Close||Roger Walker – chairman, APM Scotland Branch|