Benefits Management SIG
"Benefits management is the identification, definition, planning, tracking and realisation of business benefits."
APM Body of Knowledge, 6th edition, section 3.2.1
Welcome to the APM Benefits Management Specific Interest Group (SIG) website. The SIG was established in May 2009 for the benefit of members, the APM and the professional in general.
The Benefits Management SIG has members across the UK as well as globally. SIG membership includes numerous individuals from outside the traditional project and programme management profession - a fact which belies its ability to influence change.
The SIG addresses the need for professionalism in benefits realisation, ensuring that projects and programmes deliver their intended value. APM Competence Framework scope now includes project, programme and portfolio organisational capabilities and incorporates a benefits realisation competence area. APM recognises the important synergistic relationship between benefits-driven change and the wider P3M community.
To be a recognised driving force and source of leadership in developing and nurturing a community of benefits management practitioners and stakeholders, facilitating collaboration and sharing of information on proven and emergent practice.
Our strategic objectives
- BM mindset and culture organisationally embedded across P3M life cycles.
- Documented and disseminated proven best practice.
- Strengthened, growing community of BM practitioners and stakeholders.
- Increased collaborative working with SIGs, branches and external bodies.
- Focus on value creation as well as delivery.
The SIG’s vision is to develop and promote benefits realisation as a core driver of successful project, programme, portfolio and change management. We aim to do this by:
- supporting project, programme, portfolio, PMO and other business professionals with a strong interest in benefits realisation through knowledge sharing and the opportunity to network;
- becoming the recognised source and portal for the development and dissemination of knowledge on benefits realisation globally;
- becoming pre-eminent for our contribution to thought leadership on alignment of benefits realisation, change management and business strategy;
- providing standards and guidelines for benefits realisation;
- building partnerships with businesses and other professional groups with a strong interest in benefits management.
Organisations will move beyond a delivery culture to one focused on value, one which recognises the need to embed a benefits mindset in all business practices throughout the life-cycle of investments and resulting assets.
- Neil White: Chairman
- Merv Wyeth: Secretary
- Bruce Phillips: Committee member
- David Liversidge: Committee member
- Hugo Minney: Committee member
- John Thorp: Volunteer
- Laura Brock: Volunteer
- Martin Chick: Committee member
- Matthew Kidner: Committee member
- Ned Newton: Committee member
- Nick Wensley: Committee member
- Ravi Joshi: Committee member
- Richard Breese: Committee member
- Stephen Parker: Committee member
- Sarah Earl: Volunteer
News by this SIG
Read all articles and news related to this SIG
Blogs by this SIG
- Supporting the 'value for money' view on project success
- Date:4 October 2016
- Read More
Events by this SIG