APM Members’ Review 2019/20
A look back at the highlights of the previous business year
The APM Members’ Review 2019/20 shows how we delivered on our objectives for the year. These include:
Chartered status enables those who meet the required standard to demonstrate a defined level of technical knowledge, professional practice and ethical behaviour. Research shows 65 per cent of ChPPs are working on projects with the biggest budgets (£50m+).
- 1,000 individuals gained Chartered Project Professional (ChPP) status by December 2019
- 75,000 unique views of our chartered homepage
Knowledge and research
Highlights include the launch of the APM Body of Knowledge 7th edition, the Salary and Market Trends Survey 2020 and The Golden Thread, a landmark research report on the contribution of the project profession to the UK economy, produced in partnership with PwC
- 2% of our revenue (minimum) is invested to help fund new research
- 6 studies have been awarded funding from our research fund
Collaborate and engage
We worked throughout the year to build and grow links with organisations such as the Confederation of British Industry, the Institute for Government, the Professional Associations Research Network and the United Nations Office of Project Services (UNOPS).
Highlights included the launch of APM Learning, an online platform that gives users on-demand access to learning resources. We also launched Projecting the Future; a pioneering ‘big conversation’ with the entire profession about the future of project management.
- We pledged to make ourselves a carbon-neutral organisation by 2050, if not sooner
Creating value for members
As the membership body for the entire project profession we are committed to recognising the unique needs of project practitioners across all sectors, all locations and all stages of career.
We continuously seek new ways to provide new benefits to our members, so that together we can advance the art, science, theory and practice of project management.
APM members receive the following benefits:
- APM Hub – supercharge your network with APM Hub, the new online community designed exclusively for individual members
- Member exclusive rates – all members receive preferential rates on our qualifications, publications and conferences
- Resources – member-only digital resources include book downloads and example templates to deepen your knowledge across a broad range of topics
- Project journal – members receive a complementary subscription to Project, our quarterly journal containing the latest news, blogs and insights
Our individual membership figure reached record highs, with a total membership of more than 33,000 by March 2020.
- 11% increase in members over the course of the year
- 18% growth in international members