What is a recognised assessment
An awarding body or other organisation may apply to APM to have its assessment recognised as either:
- meeting the technical knowledge requirements; or
- meeting the technical knowledge and professional practice requirements.
Should the application be successful, it will mean that those who have successfully passed the assessment will be eligible to apply for the Chartered Project Professional (ChPP) standard via Route 1 (for assessments meeting the requirements for technical knowledge) or Route 2 (for assessments meeting the requirements for technical knowledge and professional practice).
APM Recognised Assessment Scheme - ChPP
If you are an organisation looking to put your assessment through the APM Recognised Assessment Scheme please download the overview for more information. To receive the application form and guidance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recognised assessment providers
- APM Project Professional Qualification 2nd edition
- APM Project Professional Qualification
- APM Practitioner Qualification (PQ)
- Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University - MSc Project Management
- Anglia Ruskin University (London) - MSc in International Project Management
- Cranfield University - MSc in Programme and Project Management
- University of Reading, School of the Built Environment – MSc Project Management (including module CEM335)
- APM Registered Project Professional (RPP)
- Australian Institute of Project Management - RegPM Certified Practising Project Director (CPPD)
- Australian Institute of Project Management - RegPM Certified Practising Portfolio Executive (CPPE)
- Siemens - Senior Project Management Certification
- Royal Dutch Shell Level 2 and 3 project professional roles via the Shell Project Academy's Assessment and Accreditation Process. Details can be found here (or *Requires Shell login)
- Cobham - Cobham Senior P3M Certification Academy
- APM Group – Praxis Framework Professional
For all recognised assessments that have a validity date, the certificate needs to be current during the full assessment cycle that an applicant applies under.