The health and safety of all attending delegates, exhibitors, volunteers and staff at APM’s events is of paramount importance to us.
We will work in conjunction with venues to implement their safety precautions and any applicable UK Government guidance to make events as safe as possible for everyone.
In line with government advice, we are asking anyone with any symptoms to take a lateral flow test 24 hours before attending an event. Indeed, you are also encouraged to self-test even if you are not displaying any symptoms. If positive, you must of course stay away from the event to protect your fellow community members.
We are encouraging the wearing of masks or a face covering whenever possible (unless exempt) and making use of hand sanitiser stations or washing hands frequently during the event.
We request that all APM guests be respectful of others by keeping your distance and being aware of personal space.
Venues may request delegates to take extra precautions and we ask that you follow and respect the rules of each venue, this may include ‘checking in’ using the track and trace app.
APM recommends that all attending delegates follow suitable safety precautions for an enclosed event:
- Undertake a lateral flow test in advance of attending
- Wear suitable face coverings when moving around the venue (may be removed when sitting at the table)
- Frequently use sanitiser or wash hands during the event
- Maintain a reasonable distance from other delegates when moving around the venue
- Follow all onsite venue instructions provided
APM will request that the venue:
- Provides hand sanitiser throughout the venue
- Regularly disinfects all usable areas at the venue
- Sets up to allow attendees to flow and move freely with plenty of space
Education & Lifelong Learning Event covers – APM Branches, APM SIGs, APM Volunteers Forum and APM Annual General Meeting 2021