Heathrow Terminal 5 v Wembley - What can we learn?
Posted by APM on 9th Aug 2010
With London 2012 just around the corner, what can the profession learn from these two very different case studies?
Heathrow Terminal 5 and Wembley are two high profile projects whichwere both for different reasons perceived as less than successful by the public.
Critical questionswere raised by these projects:
1) How should we measure project success?
2) What is a project?
3) Are partnership approaches to project worth the effort?
4) How should clients control projects?
5) How can we manage public expectations?
6) Are all projects destined to failure?
Using a number of sources to set the scene this session explored what we can learn from both of these case studies and how we can apply these lessons learned to future projects.