How is research governed
The Research Advisory Group (RAG) is made up of APM’s key stakeholder groups including both academics and corporate partners and the RAG plays an invaluable role in research governance by providing advice and guidance and helping to shape APM research to ensure that it meets the ongoing needs of the members and the wider project management community.
What is the role of APM’s Research Advisory Group?
The Research Advisory Group is constituted by academics and corporates who provide advice and guidance to all of APM’s research programme. The Research Advisory Group has the following responsibilities and duties:
- To make recommendations on which submissions should receive financial contributions as part of the annual APM Research Fund and any Commissioned research
- To advise on academic research funded studies through the Academic Research Review Group which is a sub group of the Research Advisory Group who will have the specific role of quality assurance – this will primarily be around publications but also of event set ups and other activities specifically related to academic research.
- To aid selection of the dissemination of research activities for practitioners
- To support and advise on any research related panels for ‘commissioned’ research.
- To source, recognise and provide global research perspectives and practices that could enhance APM research activity
- To explore and advise on the potential of collaborative research with likeminded organisations.
Who are the members of APM’s Research Advisory Group?
- Dr Christine Unterhitzenberger (University of Leeds) RAG Chair
- Professor Naomi Brookes (University of Warwick)
- Andy Macintosh (Independent)
- Dr Luca Sabini (University of Hertfordshire)
- Neil Turner (Cranfield University)
- Stewart Anandappa (Jacobs)
- Dr Paul Chapman (Said Business School)
- Justine Cothill (Highways England)
- Dr Efrosyni Konstantinou (UCL)
- Suresh Sadanandan (Mortimer Consultants).
- + APM staff
What is the role of APM’s Academic Research Review Group?
The Academic Research Review Group has been setup to make recommendations to the Research Advisory Group and APM’s Research Office and have the following responsibilities and duties:
- Quality assurance of academic research produced by APM to ensure its robustness. This includes reviewing academic proposals for research funding, selecting partners for research, ensuring sample and research methodologies pass academic rigour and review output prior to publication. Primarily this role will be of publications, but also of event set ups for example.
- To advise on any research related panels for ‘commissioned’ research
- To source, recognise and provide global research perspectives and practices that could enhance APM research activity.
Who are the members of APM’s Academic Review Group?
- Dr Zedran Zerjav (UCL)
- Dr Tristano Sainati (University of Leeds)
- Professor David Bryde (Liverpool John Moores University)
- Dr Sara Hajikazemi (London Southbank University)
- Dr Amgad Badewi (University of Kent)
- Dr Amos Haniff (Heriot Watt University)
- + academic members of the RAG and APM Research Manager
Can I join the RAG or the ARR Groups?
Open calls for Research Advisory Group and Academic Research Review Group membership will be held when vacancies arise with all relevant stakeholder groups approached where possible. Membership will be reviewed regularly as terms of office expire and Academic Research Review Group members can be promoted to the Research Advisory Group when required.
THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO VACANCIES
We will advertise any vacancies as they arise here.