For zero charge enquiries please email email@example.com for stages 1, 2 & 3 please complete the web form below.
Enquiries/Appeal can be submitted relating to the grounds stated above in relation to APM qualifications, standards, membership, accreditation and recognised assessment.
We’ll always aim to deal with enquiries/appeals quickly and within the specified timescales. However, if it’s clear the matter will require a further detailed investigation, we’ll keep you informed of the investigation process and progress at regular intervals.
Please note -
- APM reserves the right to advise on an alternative stage or reject a request depending on the information submitted.
- By attending the assessment, candidates have confirmed they are fit to do so; no appeals will be heard concerning a candidate’s wellbeing during the assessment as this should have been addressed at the time to either your accredited training provider or APM directly.
- Project Professional Qualification scenario and oral exam, and Chartered assessments have been moderated by two assessors, therefore an enquiry/appeal for these assessments will not be accepted. If you feel the assessment was conducted incorrectly or have been assessed unfairly a complaint can be submitted.
- We’re unable to provide further feedback or share candidate answers. APM operates an on-demand exam system for both the Project Fundamentals Qualification and Project Management Qualification exam. As a result, we use a question bank which is in constant circulation and are therefore, unable to release candidate’s scripts which would compromise the security and integrity of the question bank. Candidate’s scores are released per assessment criteria, and this is the only level of feedback that’s provided. Qualitative feedback is not provided.
- APM’s qualification marking has a robust quality assurance process and markers undergo extensive training and ongoing standardisation to ensure assessments are fair, therefore a paper re-mark is not offered.
- An enquiry/appeal cannot be submitted based on technical difficulties or issues as these should be notified at the time of sitting the examination.
- It’s not possible to provide an uplift in scores or dispensation as a result of any issues uncounted.