APM Project Management Conference 2018
The 2018 APM Project Management Conference, which was sponsored by Hyde Park Solutions Ltd, welcomed over 500 delegates to join the discussion on the theme: Future Proof – preparing today’s profession for tomorrow’s challenges.
The event, which took place on Wednesday 25 April 2018 in the beautiful setting of Central Hall Westminster in London, saw a variety of speakers, including futurist Rohit Talwar, broadcaster & mathematician Hannah Fry and chief executive of the Royal Society of Arts, Matthew Taylor, give their take on what the future holds for project management and how those working in the profession can become ‘Future Proof’.
The 2018 event has already taken place.
Interested in attending APM Project Management Conference 2019?
- Drones, BIM, AI and analytics will expose us to a wealth of new data. As project professions we must be able to understand and use this data if we are to truly thrive in the future.
- New ways of working; As project professionals we must spearhead our projects and feel empowered to look beyond the realms of time, cost and quality if our end users are to truly benefit.
- The number of decisions we make is rapidly increasing and the quality of the decisions is decreasing. We use lessons learnt, the data to hand and our own skills to make the right choices for our projects.
- Apprenticeships are evolving, as the apprenticeship levy develops businesses can invest in more and more in new talent but we must ensure that we engage with new teams in the right way and mentor them.
- We tend to underestimate the impact of technology it in the short run and overestimate it in the long run. Scan the horizon for a clearer picture of what could affect our projects.
Theme: Future Proof
Inspiring today’s profession for tomorrow’s challenges
In an ever-changing world, how can project managers adapt their practices to ensure they continue to deliver success, consistently? The 2018 APM Project Management Conference challenged project managers to ‘future proof’ their approach.
The APM Project Management Conference 2018, which will took place at Central Hall, Westminster on Wednesday 25 April , focused on key areas of the profession, offering delegates the opportunity to hear the background behind some truly transformational projects.
The conference covered outcomes that transform society, explored communication and engagement methods that get results and discovered ways that mega trends will inevitably affect the way that project managers work in the future. Prepare to be inspired.
Benefits of attending included:
- Access to influential and inspiring speakers sharing thought leadership so you can stay up-to-date with the latest techniques for successful project delivery.
- A mixture of interactive and plenary sessions so you can leave the conference with all your vital project management questions answered.
- Multiple streams ensuring a rich choice of sessions, making the event relevant to your industry.
- Networking with the most senior figures in the profession to help raise your profile and develop your career as well as share ideas from other industries.
- Earn up to eight hours of CPD which equates to nearly a quarter of your expected professional development for the year.
- Visit exhibitors from leading organisations, giving you the opportunity to discover how the latest products and services can generate a competitive advantage for your business.
Take a look at what happened in 2017.