Programme Management The coordinated management of projects and business as usual (steady-state) activities to achieve beneficial change.
Programme management is focused on the delivery of change within an organisation or environment. The transition from projects delivering outputs to embedding new working practices as business as usual, requires a planned and systematic approach necessitating leadership, drive and commitment.
Our strategy will be delivered using the lens of the APM FIVE Dimensions of Professionalism, namely:
- Breadth (Body of Knowledge: concepts, terms & activities that make up a professional domain including publications & articles)
- Depth (Competence framework – knowledge & experience under technical, behavioural & contextual domains)
- Achievement (Qualifications, especially programme-related, aligned to IPMA's 4 level certification)
- Commitment (CPD - Events broad range of BoK topic areas & appropriate delivery methods)
- Accountability (Delivery of services to ProgM / APM members & SIG communications)
Our vision: To be recognised internationally as the leading group for programme management, supporting a world in which all projects succeed.
Our mission: In line with APM regulations the mission of ProgM is: to provide a forum for effective learning and development, that promotes the science, discipline, tools and techniques of programme management.
Our three objectives:
- Raise awareness of programme management as a specific discipline
- Help to connect the APM community interested in programme management
- Work with our community to develop new knowledge and thought leadership in programme management
Watch our welcome and introduction video to the APM Programme Management SIG, recorded in September 2022 by the Co Chairs Nigel Beecroft and James Lesingham.