Risk management The potential of situation or event to impact on the achievement of specific objectives.
The Risk SIG provides a forum in which to share knowledge and ideas, develop expertise and understanding, foster ‘best practice’ and actively promote the adoption of project risk management.
The Risk SIG holds four events per year in January, April, July and October in various locations around the country. In addition we support many local APM Branch events, other APM SIGs and conferences organised by professional bodies and organisations. The Risk SIG is the only independent organisation in the UK specialising in project risk management.
The Risk SIG’s objectives are:
- to enable effective management of risk;
- to provide a forum for sharing experience and knowledge;
- to promote best practice in development of guides;
- to establish specific qualification standards for APM qualifications;
- to facilitate the training and development of risk practitioners;
- to promote links with other recognised professional bodies;
- to provide a forum for sharing latest tools and techniques;
- to provide an opportunity to network with people from similar/different roles/positions.