Skip to content
Added to your CPD log

View or edit this activity in your CPD log.

Go to My CPD
Only APM members have access to CPD features Become a member Already added to CPD log

View or edit this activity in your CPD log.

Go to My CPD
Added to your Saved Content Go to my Saved Content

Schools Engagement – STEM Learning

Engaging future project professionals is a vital activity in ensuring that the APM vision of a world where all projects succeed is achieved. APM currently works with STEM Learning to facilitate this engagement.

STEM ambassadorsWho are STEM Learning?

STEM Learning is the largest provider of education and careers support in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Our vision is to achieve a world-leading STEM education for all young people across the UK and we work with schools, colleges, and others working with young people.

How can you get involved?

Sign up to become a STEM Ambassador. STEM Ambassadors are volunteers from a wide range of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) related jobs and disciplines across the UK. They offer their time and enthusiasm to help bring STEM subjects to life and demonstrate their value in life and careers. STEM Ambassadors are an important and exciting free-of-charge resource for teachers and young people in and outside the classroom.

There are currently over 30,000 STEM Ambassadors from over 2,500 employers, working from a wide range of disciplines and backgrounds including engineers, designers, architects, scientists and technicians. They help bring a new and inspiring perspective to STEM lessons and career opportunities. Anyone who uses STEM in the world of work and who is will and able to enthuse young people about the STEM subjects can apply to become an ambassador.

You can find out more about the STEM Ambassador programme here.