How do I make the most of the networking opportunities available?
- Once you have received your event link, head to the platform and update your profile information so that delegates can easily find you. (Top tip: include a profile picture)
- Look out for people in sessions that make interesting points that you would like to discuss with them and then actively follow up by sending them a direct message via the attendees tab.
- Keep checking back to the ‘Discussions’ page throughout the event, to see and take part in the latest topics being debated in groups of up to six people on camera.
- Head to our sponsor rooms to uncover a range of links and documents you may be interested in. There is often someone on hand from the organisation that you can chat to, ask questions, and discuss potential opportunities for collaboration.
Do I need a webcam and microphone to participate?
A camera and microphone is not essential when watching the sessions, however our new platform enables delegates to participate in certain sessions (collaborative sessions), so should you wish to be involved in these discussions a camera and microphone will be required.
Do I need a zoom account to watch sessions?
No, although our new platform is partnered with zoom, individual delegates will not require a zoom account to access any features within the event. If sessions where you may utilise your camera, if you have a zoom account you may opt to log in to this when prompted, rather than using the web browser version provided to all delegates.
I have not received an email with a link to the event
Once your booking is complete (and payment taken where applicable), you will receive joining instructions approximately one week prior to the event. A separate email should then follow approximately two days prior to the event from firstname.lastname@example.org, containing a link to the event. Should you not have received your link two days prior to the event, please recheck your spam folders and then email email@example.com with your booking confirmation attached so that we get you up and running as quickly as possible.
I have not received my verification code
Please ensure you are using the same email address you booked with and that your link was sent to - any other email address will not be registered and will therefore not have access to the event. If you are using the correct email address, please try resending your verification code. Once you have rechecked your spam folders, if you are still facing difficulties please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your booking confirmation attached so that we get you up and running as quickly as possible.
My verification code is not working
Verification codes expire after 24 hours after which you will require a new code. A new code will also be required if you are switching devices. If you have entered an incorrect verification code more than 10 times your account will be deactivated and you will need to email email@example.com, with your booking confirmation attached, so that we get you up and running as quickly as possible.
I am unable to log in
Some work devices with extensive firewalls may be blocking the platform from functioning. Unfortunately, there is very little we can do in this instance and advise you to either use a personal device or contact your IT department.
Although the platform is compatible with most browsers, we recommend Google Chrome for the optimum experience.
*Please note you are NOT logging into your APM account but a third-party platform to access the sessions for which you will have been emailed an event link.
The session sound is cutting out/lagging
Unfortunately, this is solely due to an individual’s internet connection and bandwidth. To increase your bandwidth, you could try the following:
- Log out of your VPN (if you have your log in credentials to easily sign back in!)
- Close any applications that you have open that are using the internet such as MS Teams or Skype
Alternatively, you can reduce the stream quality via your control bar at the bottom of the screen.
Will the sessions be available on catch up?
This will depend on the event but most of our virtual conferences provide catch up during the event and/or on demand viewing via our website post event.