Author Adrian Dooley to speak at APM Conference
Posted by APM on 21st Jan 2015
By booking your place at the APM Project Management Conference 2015 sponsored by 20|20 Business Insight will ensure you hear from the professions most influential and thought-provoking speakers.
Originally a construction project manager, Adrian founded The Projects Group in 1986 and for 25 years conducted training and consultancy assignments in many industry sectors including rail, airlines, retail, manufacturing, finance and IT.
Adrian was one of the original authors of the Pertmaster planning software package, a founder member of Project Manager Today magazine and its technical editor for six years, and a founder member of Project Management Exhibitions Ltd.
His most recent project has been the creation of an open and free project, programme and portfolio management framework called the Praxis Framework. The model; covering knowledge, method, competency and maturity; will have an accompanying guide published by APM in the coming weeks.
Full list of speakers:
- Opening speaker - Dr Ben Goldacre, award-winning writer and "Bad Science" columnist for The Guardian
- Closing Speaker - Matthew Syed, award-winning sports journalist and Commonwealth Games champion
- Geraldine Barker, director at the National Audit Office
- Caroline Blackman, director for Laing O'Rourke
- Manon Bradley, development director, Major Projects Association
- Adrian Dooley, lead author ofthe Praxis Framework
- Dr Linda Holbeche, co-director of Holbeche Partnership
- Bridget Jackson, audit manager at the National Audit Office
- Dr David Pendleton, co-founder of Edgecumbe Group
- Plus more speakers to be announced soon.
This years conference will focus on uncovering myths that surround project management and help increase the likelihood of successful project delivery.
Those who attend will also receive copy of the best-selling books: Bad Pharma by opening speaker Dr Ben Goldacre and Bounce: The Myth of talent and the power of practice by closing speaker Matthew Syed.