The Enabling Change SIG announced a new ‘Change Pulse’ survey in November 2016 focusing on understanding change methodologies, success factors and measures being used by APM members.
Headline survey findings are:
- Faster pace of change is continuing – (92% of the respondents experienced change in the last 12 months; 88% are anticipating change in the next 12 months)
- The primary drivers for these change initiatives were efficiency savings and better use of resources
- 45% of the respondents used a recognised formal change methodology; 48% planning to do so in the future; however, adaption seems to be the key with emphasis on holistic approach to organisational change
- 62% of the respondents agreed a change success criteria with a range of measures however success/failure rates were difficult to establish
- ‘Formulating a clear vision and strategy supported by well-defined benefits’ was rated as the most important change success factor followed by ‘strong sponsorship and leadership’
Analysing the survey findings and comments, there are further opportunities and areas of exploration for the Enabling Change SIG, namely developing practitioner guidance on – change methodologies, change readiness and change success factors. Download the report to read more.