Engineering Council CEO and knowledge management expert to speak at APM Conference
Posted by APM on 24th Feb 2016
The APM Conference now has a fully completed speaker programme.
Sponsored by 20|20 Business Insight and taking place on Thursday 21st April, the award-winning APM Conference will explore how to create a world-class mindset that can transform you, your organisation and our profession.
Speaking under the ‘profession’ stream within the World Class themed event will be chief executive officer at the Engineering Council Jon Prichard who will discuss the role that professional bodies play in building and maintaining world-class competence.
Jon will cover case studies from the early days of sharing good practice to setting standards for products, processes and people, whilst defining how world-class competence in terms of knowledge, skills and attitude is interpreted in the engineering sector (UK SPEC).
Joining Jon under the ‘individual’ stream will be David Gurteen who is the founder of the Gurteen Knowledge Community, a global network of over 22,000 people in over 160 countries.
David works in the fields of knowledge management, organisational learning and conversational leadership. In his talk he will be introducing the concept of conversational leadership, a style of working where you understand the transformative power of conversation where:
- You purposefully nurture and stimulate the natural conversations that take place in your organisation.
- You are a "conversation architect" - you identify the strategic conversations that need to take place; the questions to trigger them and you design the processes to convene and host them.
The ‘organisation’ stream sponsored by Projectplace will look at how you instil an organisational culture that is committed to excellence.
- View event programme with full list of influential speakers
- Exclusive video – Watch the new ‘World Class’ trailer
- Book your place today – Special rates available for groups of 4 or more by contacting APM.