Join APM's #1 social network
Record numbers of project professionals are turning to APM’s social media groups to discover new content, share ideas and network with like-minded peers.
The latest figures from APM’s LinkedIn group community reveal a month-on-month increase, with a record 1,000 new members joining last month alone.
This latest intake brings the total number of APM LinkedIn members to 45,225.
APM’s thriving LinkedIn group began in 2009 and has attracted members from across the globe. The group facilitates networking and popular debates on a wide range of project management topics, including:
- Lessons learned debate turns to competitive advantage. Have your say...
- What are your thoughts on HS2?
- Is project management today a role or a profession?
- Women in project management - why so few?
- What is the value of your PRINCE 2 Certification?
- What three things would you include in a project management course for new project managers?
- Should project management include 'legacy' in the life cycle of projects?
- What is your favourite motivational quote?
APM LinkedIn Group member Michael Shost said: “I enjoy the debates very much, whether participating and posting or reading.” Fellow member Julie Prater added that there is "so much to learn and some fantastic links…to share”.
The growing influence of social media can be seen in other areas too. APM’s Twitter community has grown exponentially since it began 5 years ago, with 12,300 followers, the @APMProjectMgmt Twitter account shares up to the minute news and announcements.
The association’s Facebook page now has more than 3,000 likes, sharing the lighter side of project management with humour, engaging opinion and popular discussions.
Whilst over on APM's YouTube channel there are over 140 inspiring videos with award winning projects and professionals, influential speakers, webinars and much more.
Visit the APM LinkedIn group page to see the latest discussions.