Midlands Branch Young Project Manager of the Year Award 2016 , 22 March 2017, Derby
Posted by Catherine Bendell on 6th Feb 2017
Calling all Midlands branch Corporate Members...
Last year, APM Midlands branch recognised that we have a unique opportunity to build on APM national initiatives and recognise the next generation of our profession regionally. One way that we are doing this is through the creation of the APM Midlands Branch Young Project Manager of the Year Award, which has been running in parallel with APM Midlands Branch Student Project Manager of the Year Award.
Candidates were nominated by the Corporate Member organisation by whom they were employed or contracted, with an emphasis on the positive contribution the candidate made to the outputs and outcomes of their project, whilst recognising the essential role that the project management techniques had in delivering success. Over the last few months we have been shortlisting nominees from our Corporate Members in the Midlands and are now finalising the judging. We have shortlisted five finalists, with the winner to be announced at our inaugural Awards Evening on 22nd March 2017.
The winner of the Midlands branch Young Project Manager of the Year Award 2016 will receive a trophy and package of benefits including two years free membership of the APM, a copy of the APM Body of Knowledge 6th Edition and £50 of Amazon vouchers.
This invitation only event will be held at the Rolls-Royce Learning and Development Centre in Derby from 6pm to 9.30pm. The address is Wilmore Road (Gate 5a), Sinfin, Derby, DE24 9BD.
There will be a lot going on on the night:
- First class buffet-style dinner and drinks
- Student simulations competition finals
- Welcome from APM Midlands Chair, Emma Carroll-Walsh
- Keynote by APM Vice-President, Miles Shepherd
- Presentation by Rolls-Royce
- Guided tour of the Rolls-Royce Heritage Museum
- Short presentations by Young PM Finalists
- APM Midlands branch Student PM Award Presentations
- APM Midlands branch Young PM of the Year Presentation
We’d really appreciate the support of Midlands branch Corporate Members by attending. In return you will also get:
- Chance to see what all the fuss is about – ahead of the 2017 award
- Networking opportunities with other senior local project professionals, Midlands branch Corporate Members and Higher Education Institutes
- A chance to chat with APM leaders and the Midlands committee and influence what we do to support you and your organisation
- An opportunity to top up your CPD ready for RPP (and chartered status!)
- A unique opportunity to personally support the next generation of our profession, and
- As it’s our first Awards Night as an APM Corporate Member to you (and/or colleagues who you wish to bring along) there is no charge!
A photographer will be on hand to capture the moment as the winners receive their trophies, in addition to documentary photographs of the evening’s highlights and guests.
Places will be limited, so to reserve yours, and to make sure that we cater appropriately (and don’t create waste), please RSVP to Colin Baker at APM using this email address: YPM@APM-midlands.org.uk
If for some reason you won’t be able to make it please do pass this invitation to a colleague who would be able to represent you & your organisation.
We very much look forward to seeing you there!
Share this page
The Midlands branch are supporting the development of the profession amongst students by holding a "Student of the Year" competition which is open to Higher Education Institutes (HEIs) in the Midlands branch region.