A number of individuals were recognised for project management-related excellence in this years New Year Honours.
In total, 1,195 people were recognised, which included Bill Crothers, the Governments chief procurement officer. Mr Crothers was awarded the Companion of the Order of the Bath for services to government efficiency and commercial capability.
APM Honorary Fellows Paul Skinner and David Waboso were both awarded the Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE).
Paul Skinner, chairman of Infrastructure UK, was recognised for services to business and infrastructure. While David Waboso, director of capital programmes at London Underground, was honoured for services to transport in London.
In addition, Order of the British Empire Commanders of the Order of the British Empire honours were also handed to:
- Michael Bracken, executive director for Government Digital Service, was recognised for his work in digital public services and voluntary service in the London Borough of Hackney.
- Gillian Hammond, deputy director of Estates and Support Services, Nottingham, HM Revenue and Customs. For services to civil service management and reform.
- Rear Admiral Richard John Lippiett, chief executive of the Mary Rose Trust, for services to British heritage.
Order of the British Empire Officers of the Order of the British Empire honours were awarded to:
- Professor Paul Cannon, FREng, lately director, Poynting Institute, QinetiQ and University of Birmingham. For services to engineering. (Malvern, Worcestershire).
- Colette Carroll, deputy director, Rail Group Development, Department for Transport. For services to the rail industry.
- Charles Matthews, lately chairman, Axeon and non-executive chairman and founder, Sigma Quality Consultancy. For services to technology and innovation.
- Douglas Morrison, lately port director, Associated British Ports. For services to the Ports Industry.
- Dr Hamid Mughal, director of global manufacturing, Rolls- Royce plc. For services to technology, innovation and manufacturing.
- Dr Graeme Purves, lately assistant chief planner, Scottish Government. For services to the planning profession.
- Richard Rose, lately A2L, private sector development and national infrastructure team, Department for International Development. For services to Infrastructure in Afghanistan.
- Paul Welch, head of records, information governance and departmental records officer, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills. For services to Records and Information Governance.
- Carl Meewezen, deputy director, management information, Cabinet Office. For services to government efficiency.
- Dr Deborah Pullen, director, Modern Built Environment Knowledge Transfer Network and group research director, BRE. For services to innovation and knowledge transfer.
- Ms Lesley-Carole Wilkinson, programme manager, Families First, Leeds City Council. For services to children and families.
Eve Farraud, member of the management team at the Construction Industry Council, was awarded the Order of the British Empire Medallist of the Order of the British Empire for services to the construction industry.